We sat down with Athens based model Christie Rarra to discuss her life in the industry and her biggest inspirations.
1. What first lead you to be a professional model?
When I was younger I didn’t have a very feminine body. I was tall and skinny and got many negative comments. So watching all these tall beautiful women in the fashion industry inspired me to believe in myself, which helped me feel confident with my body. I love how confident I feel now.
2. How would you describe your personal style?
In my everyday life I wear sweats and basically anything oversized, I love to feel comfortable. But on a night out I’ll get dressed up. It’s like I’m a different person. I love glamming up and showing off my body. Like if I wear high heels I feel like I can conquer the world.
3. Who or what has been the biggest inspiration behind your love for fashion, style and trends?
I saw pictures of models outside of work in their everyday life, each one of them had their own style, casual but trendy and sophisticated. There’s so many different styles so it made me want to look into it, to find my own.
4. If you could model for one designer (dead or alive), who would it be and why?
Versace for sure. The house of Versace, from Gianni to Donatella has inspired me so much. Their runways are so powerful and as a spectator you can feel the power and the dynamic. The clothes hug every woman's body and just watching the models walk with so much confidence makes me want to work with them. And also their editorials and campaigns leave everyone mind blown every single time.
5. What aspect of your career as a model do you enjoy most?
I’m so thankful that the industry has given me the chance to meet so many nice people, travel and just experience so many new things. I’ve visited so many nice places like Cyprus, Paris, and even some places in Greece I’d never been to before. The industry has also helped me become a mature, independent person. So even though its given me so much, I’d have to say traveling.
6. If you could collaborate with one Greek photographer, who would it be and why?
Recently I’ve discovered many photographers, but one that got my attention was
Haris Farsarakis, because of his aesthetic ranges from vintage to classy and elegant. In his projects he presents so much information in the most simple ways.
7. If you could spend the second half of 2020 in any city around the world, where would it be and why?
I’d have to say Los Angeles. There's so many talented people there I could work with. It’s the best place for your career to “take off”.
8. What can we expect to see from you over the next 12 months?
Nowhere near where I am now. Probably in a different country, signed to a bunch of new agencies around the world. That's what I’m working towards at least. We’ll have to wait and see I guess.