As we round off one of the most unusual years in our recent history, we decided to catch up with co-founder and co-creative director of PARA TODOS to discuss his future in fashion, new collection and his love for Japanese minimalism.
1) When did you first realise your passion for fashion design?
I am the third generation of clothing designers in my family so I realised my passion for fashion at a young age. When I was in high school I already knew that I wanted to study and work as a fashion designer so that’s what I did. I believe that chasing your dreams and making them come true is one of the most important things in life!
2) Who or what has been the biggest inspiration behind your personal style evolution over the last 5 years? My biggest inspiration over the last five years has been ancient Japanese culture and Japanese fashion designers, they create minimal and clean cut lines and that's what I really love.
3) What message do you want your followers to take from your current collection? The message that we want to pass on to our followers from all of our collections is that we give attention to simplicity, we design minimal clothes so everyone can wear them, all day and everywhere. That’s what “PARA TODOS” means after all, “for everyone”.
4) If you could collaborate with one designer, brand or individual on a project - who would it be and why? If I had the honour of working with a designer, I would of course pick Yohji Yamamoto. His designs are so minimal, yet so brilliantly creative. So I would be thrilled to make a capsule collection with him.
5) What can we expect to see from you over the next year? I can’t say exactly what are we aiming to do and what we will accomplish as a brand over the next year, also due to the COVID situation all around the world, but I can say that you will see some new collaborations, maybe a flagship store and for sure a brilliant S/S21’ collection!
Visit PARA TODOS to shop their latest collection.